The Pre-Sales Specialist role requires a client focused individual with experience in a financial technology company working with sales teams and clients to understand industry problems and propose solutions. The role is based at the Cassini New York office, and will report to the Head of Product.
A Pre-Sales Specialist is required to be credible and in particular requires good knowledge of financial markets, and in particular the margin and collateral analytics space that Cassini operates in. They will have excellent communication skills and be able to present complex calculations and functionality to clients in an easy to understand manner. They are required to quickly interpret client requirements and translate these into functional features of the Cassini software. They will be required to work closely with sales teams to identify opportunities and to convert sales opportunities into signed client contracts.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working with the sales team to identify the needs of individual clients both prior to, and during client meetings
- Produce slide decks and relevant examples for client meetings together with the sales teams
- Demo the Cassini product to prospective clients
- Provide input into the required use cases for client demos, and help coordinate the configuration of the Cassini demo environment
- Identify new client requirements from sales demos and communicate the requirements to the product team internally
- Drive the client proof of concept (POC) process, including defining the scope, coordinate the resource to deliver the POC and present results to clients
- Provide product input into client meetings to assist in closing deals
- Feedback new client use cases and requirements into the product team to assist with the prioritization of development teams and identifying new commercial opportunities
- Contribute to marketing collateral
- Develop new processes that help link sales and product to ensure there is smooth communication between the two teams
- Own the RFI / RFP response process, contributing to questionnaire answers and coordinating resource to ensure a timely completion of responses.
As a small and growing firm, our employees work on a wide variety of tasks so there are many opportunities for learning new skills and methods. We are looking for somebody who is motivated not only to learn new things and work outside of their comfort zone, but who also has a good understanding of the basics and can deliver value from day one.
A Pre-Sales specialist will have an strong understanding of the post trade regulatory and technology environment and will have:
- Experience working with cleared OTC, ETD or Bilateral derivatives
- Experience of Financial Risk Analytics, Initial Margin or collateral workflows
- Experience working with Sales teams to present to clients
- Understanding of the organizational structure of buy-side and sell-side financial institutions
- Experience working with financial software, Microsoft Office, JIRA/Confluence and smartsheets is beneficial
- Exceptional presenting and public speaking skills
- Excellent communication skills, both for communicating externally with clients but also internally with stakeholders
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
- Problem-solving capability and the ability to convert a client problem into a technology solution
- Pro-active and positive approach to dealing with new client requirements
- Experience speaking directly with clients
- Bachelor’s degree in business, systems or similar discipline
- At least 3 years experience in a technology solution provider in a similar role